Net Entertainment is one of the most recognisable names in the online gaming industry. One of the main reasons behind this is that it has a raft of classic slots. One such game is Gonzo’s Quest Megaways – a slot game which follows the adventures of Gonzo (Gonzalo Pizarro) the explorer.
Gonzo’s Quest Megaways Slot Demo
- Multiplier in normal game as well as in free spins after a win
- In Free spins Multipliers triple as high then in normal game
- Wild symbol also counts as Scatter symbol
- Earthquake feature which erases all low symbols
- Wild symbol will stay in position after a win
- Free spins take a long time before they fall
- Many low wins
- No Jackpot
As a way of repaying the faith players have placed in the Gonzo’s Quest game, Net Ent recently released a revamped and redesigned sequel dubbed Gonzo’s Quest Megaways. As players can note from the title of the sequel, it comes with the much-loved megaways mechanic. The incorporation of this mechanic is just one of the numerous improvements in the game’s math model. To learn more about the six reels of Gonzo’s Quest Megaways slot, let’s jump into the finer details.
Players who have had the privilege of playing the original Gonzo’s Quest slot ought to note that they will find the background graphics of Gonzo’s Quest Megaways familiar. The game’s backdrop depicts a two-way staircase which heads into a poorly lit room. A bowl with flames can be seen on either staircase. The playing grid mimics a Mayan temple while the centre area is wholly covered by wooden planks.
Key Game Details
The first thing that we want to state is that Gonzo’s Quest Megaways is a sequel which adds to the fun and excitement created by the original game, Gonzo’s Quest. It’s not just the fun factor that the sequel brings in great abundance but also a much-improved math model. Thanks to this improved math model, players are guaranteed handsome payouts whenever they meet the game’s objectives.
To put things into perspective, on the math model front, Gonzo’s Quest Megaways uses a megaways mechanic whose number of ways to win is pegged at a max of 117,649. This essentially means the possibility of matching identical icons on active ways to win is very high. The game’s volatility is quite high and the RTP is in line with the industry average at 96%. The max payout players can win on any spin is a cool 21,000x the bet.
Perhaps the only thing that Gonzo’s Quest Megaways is found wanting relates to the supported bet options. The supported bet options range is quite limited and favours low rollers and mid-range players only. The options start from 0.10 coins to 10.00 coins per spin. Talking about spins, players ought to note that there are two Spin options supported – manual spins as well as auto spins. There is also a turbo mode which when enabled increases the speed with which the reels spin. This essentially makes the gaming session more pulsating and captivating.
For those who prefer trying out the game for free before wagering real cash, an option is presented to access the slot in demo mode.
- Wild: The symbol which possesses wild powers is the ‘?’ icon.
- Scatter: A golden coin with some Mayan inscriptions acts as the scatter symbol.
- Regular Symbols: Regular paytable symbols incorporated in this slot machine include different-styled Mayan masks as well as some intricately designed stone slabs.
Gonzo’s Quest Megaways Features
- Avalanche Feature: One of the main reasons which catapulted the original Gonzo’s Quest to stardom is the incorporation of the avalanche feature. It was the very first time that this feature was used by Net Entertainment hence the reason many players fell in love with the game. It’s no surprise that the feature was also incorporated into the sequel game. The avalanche feature automatically triggers whenever a win line lands. After the payout is paid, the winning symbols explode and they disappear from the grid. This paves the way for new symbols to land hence the evaluation of new win lines and the possibility of successive payouts being paid out. The feature only ends after a non-winning spin.
- Avalanche Multiplier Feature: Whenever the avalanche feature activates, the avalanche multiplier feature also activates and runs concurrently with the avalanche feature. On the first avalanche, players benefit from a 1x win multiplier. However, on the second, third and fourth avalanche, the win multipliers increase progressively in the following fashion: 2x, 3x and 5x respectively. At the end of the avalanche feature, the multiplier resets back to 1x.
- Unbreakable Wilds Feature: When wilds substitute and feature in a win line, they do not explode and disappear to pave the way for new symbols as is the case with regular paytable symbols. Rather, they remain as is for the next avalanche series of spins. This is great as it means they can also substitute and help complete even more win lines.
- Earthquake Feature: At random during the gaming session, an earthquake may hit the playing grid necessitating all low-value symbols to disappear from the reels. These symbols are then replaced by new high-value symbols.
- Free Fall Feature: The free fall feature can be triggered in one of two ways. The first route is landing 3+ scatter symbols simultaneously. The second route is by landing two scatters and one wild on the same spin. Each triggering symbol awards 3 free spins meaning if you trigger the feature with three scatters, you receive 9 free spins. Before you can utilise your free spins, an opportunity is presented to play the Royal Wheel Feature. The Royal Wheel Feature allows you to spin the wheel and gamble your free spins. When you gamble, you can either increase your free spins count or lose some of your initially awarded free spins. Playing the Royal Wheel Feature is not mandatory however so you can bypass it if you so wish. The avalanche multiplier feature triggers once a series of avalanche spins start. The great thing about the avalanche multiplier feature during this round is that the win multipliers are tripled. On the first, second, third and fourth avalanche spins, players benefit from 3x, 6x, 9x and 15x win multipliers respectively. New scatters that land during the feature help you retrigger extra free spins. There is no limit as to the number of free spins you can retrigger.
Gonzo’s Quest Megaways is a great sequel and appeals to all those who fell in love with the original. The game stays true to the nature and design of the original game. It however goes beyond the stats of the original game offering a much improved math model which guarantees players great returns. The only downside is that the max payout was reduced from 37,500x the stake to 21,000x the stake.
- RTP%: 96%
- Slot type: Video Slot
- Bonus Game: Yes
- Multiplier: Yes
- Wild symbol: Yes
- Scatter symbol: Yes
- Free spins: Yes
- Jackpot: Yes
- Volatility: High
- Paylines: Up to 117649
- Reels: 6
- Software: Netent-Red Tiger
- Slot Theme: Mayan
- Min & Max bet: 0,10 & 10
- Release date: July 23th, 2020